Welcome Back to Faith Covenant Church!
We are excited to be together again this
Sunday, May 24th!
We ask that, in order for us to come together and worship as a church family, we all adhere to the guideline set out by the Government of Alberta as follows:
- We ask that all congregants use the Alberta Health Services Self Assessment Tool before attending. If you are showing any symptoms of COVID 19 we ask that you wait to attend our in person services till a later date once symptoms have cleared.
- We are allowed a maximum of 50 people at each service, including the Pastor and worship team. Due to these restrictions, once we reach the 50 person maximum we will, unfortunately, have to close our doors for that particular service.We will be holding 2 services; surnames from A to H will be able to attend the first service from 9:45 am to 10:30 am and must leave promptly at the end of the service. Cleaning will be done from 10:30 am to 10:50 am, the second service will be for surnames I to Z from 11:00 am to 11:45 am.
- There will be controlled entry into the church – an usher will be at the entrance to help with the flow of traffic.
- We ask that you sanitize your hands upon entry and exit from the church – we will provide hand sanitizer at both the entrance and exit of the building.
- There will only be one entry door – on the North end of the building off the parking lot
- There will only be one exit door – on the South end of the building facing the street.
- Congregants will be allowed to access the foyer, upstairs washrooms and sanctuary only.
Areas not accessible by congregants; nursery, library, upstairs kitchen, all offices, hallway to offices, upstairs Youth room, upstairs Sunday School/Council room, elevator, stairway and all of downstairs.
- All congregants must be recorded on a register which will be kept by the office administrator if needed at a later date.
- There will be a flow of traffic clearly marked within the foyer and sanctuary – volunteers will be in place to ensure the flow of traffic moves swiftly.
- We ask that you only sit with the members of your household/family/cohort family.- seating in the sanctuary will be separated to meet the social distancing requirement – an usher will be in place to ensure that social distancing is being followed.
- Singing is not allowed by the congregants – “Congregational singing is a high-risk activity and is not allowed. Infected people can transmit the virus through their saliva or respiratory droplets while singing.” taken from the Government of Alberta document “Guidance for Places of Worship”.
- The tithe/offering will be collected on your way out of the sanctuary – we will have the collection plates on a table for you to place your tithe in to minimize physical contact.
- Individuals not from the same household will be reminded to maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or visiting on the church grounds/premises.
For more information on how the leadership of Faith Covenant Church is doing their part to keep us all safe, please see our document
COVID 19 Relaunch at FCC posted on the main doors.
Spring is finally here!
Looking for people to volunteer to come help do spring cleaning around church and parsonage on Saturday May 2nd. (cleaning up lawn, raking leaves, get lawn mower ready, redo the slope at the parsonage, etc).
Please talk to Rudy if you can help 780 514 4138
Please join us today, Sunday, April 5, 2020 for our communion and Palm Sunday service.
We ask that you prepare yourselves communion (crackers/bread and juice) at home and serve it to one another.
Because of the many cancellations of public activities due to COVID-19, the Youth Drop In will not run tonight.
Annual General Meeting
11:00 am, March 7, 2020
Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Lunch will be provided
We would love to see you this weekend!
Itinerary for February 28, 29 and March 1, 2020
Mike, Natasha, Hannah and Eli Westerhoud Candidate Weekend
Friday, February 28th
6:00 pm Mike and Natasha – supper with Council at the church
7:00 (approx.) – Natasha (and Mike if able) check out the Youth Drop In and have an open/drop in “coffee”/visit time upstairs at the church – open to all
Saturday, February 29th
8:30 am Breakfast with Pastor Jeff and Ali
3:00 pm – 7:00 pm All congregation event – if weather permits, skating, fire, hot dog roast and snacks at outdoor rink/campground. If weather doesn’t permit, games, hot dogs and snacks, fellowship at the church
Sunday, March 1st
9:45 am – 10:45 am Sunday School
11:00 am Worship Service
12:30 pm All congregation potluck lunch upstairs and question/answer “Get To Know” time. Please bring a side or salad and main dish to share. Dessert will be provided.
Are you interested in helping out with Stewardship and Properties or finding out what is involved?
Come out to a meeting on Monday, March 2 at 7:00 pm at the church.
Any questions, call Rudy Frei 780-514-4138.
All youth…join us for indoor mini golf on Friday, February 14th!