Beginning Sunday, June 14th, we will be holding 2 worship services.
For those who have been regularly attending since our re-opening:
- If you have been contacted, please come to the time that was pre arranged on the phone
- If you have not been contacted, please attend the 11:00am service
For those who have not attended since our re-opening:
- Services will be held at 9:30am and 11:00am
- Please contact the church office to arrange a service time
- Phone: 780-696-3669
- Email – office@email@example.com
Due to an unexpected commitment our online ZOOM Bible study is cancelled for today,
Thursday, June 4th. We will see you next week!
Please join Pastor Jeff Gooderham at 2:00 pm today for a virtual Bible study and time of prayer and praise.
Please check your email for the ZOOM link.
If you would like to be added to the email list please let Shannon know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to see you there!!
Welcome Back to Faith Covenant Church!
We are excited to be together again this
Sunday, May 24th!
We ask that, in order for us to come together and worship as a church family, we all adhere to the guideline set out by the Government of Alberta as follows:
- We ask that all congregants use the Alberta Health Services Self Assessment Tool before attending. If you are showing any symptoms of COVID 19 we ask that you wait to attend our in person services till a later date once symptoms have cleared.
- We are allowed a maximum of 50 people at each service, including the Pastor and worship team. Due to these restrictions, once we reach the 50 person maximum we will, unfortunately, have to close our doors for that particular service.We will be holding 2 services; surnames from A to H will be able to attend the first service from 9:45 am to 10:30 am and must leave promptly at the end of the service. Cleaning will be done from 10:30 am to 10:50 am, the second service will be for surnames I to Z from 11:00 am to 11:45 am.
- There will be controlled entry into the church – an usher will be at the entrance to help with the flow of traffic.
- We ask that you sanitize your hands upon entry and exit from the church – we will provide hand sanitizer at both the entrance and exit of the building.
- There will only be one entry door – on the North end of the building off the parking lot
- There will only be one exit door – on the South end of the building facing the street.
- Congregants will be allowed to access the foyer, upstairs washrooms and sanctuary only.
Areas not accessible by congregants; nursery, library, upstairs kitchen, all offices, hallway to offices, upstairs Youth room, upstairs Sunday School/Council room, elevator, stairway and all of downstairs.
- All congregants must be recorded on a register which will be kept by the office administrator if needed at a later date.
- There will be a flow of traffic clearly marked within the foyer and sanctuary – volunteers will be in place to ensure the flow of traffic moves swiftly.
- We ask that you only sit with the members of your household/family/cohort family.- seating in the sanctuary will be separated to meet the social distancing requirement – an usher will be in place to ensure that social distancing is being followed.
- Singing is not allowed by the congregants – “Congregational singing is a high-risk activity and is not allowed. Infected people can transmit the virus through their saliva or respiratory droplets while singing.” taken from the Government of Alberta document “Guidance for Places of Worship”.
- The tithe/offering will be collected on your way out of the sanctuary – we will have the collection plates on a table for you to place your tithe in to minimize physical contact.
- Individuals not from the same household will be reminded to maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or visiting on the church grounds/premises.
For more information on how the leadership of Faith Covenant Church is doing their part to keep us all safe, please see our document
COVID 19 Relaunch at FCC posted on the main doors.
Dear Church Family,
It is exciting to see God at work in our church here at Breton FCC, and how He ( to borrow Natasha Westerhoud’s words) is “In the Details” How after God clearly closed the door to an associate pastor search in May of 2018, He then steered our church to buckle down and pay off the church mortgage, which allowed us to be able to seriously consider a resume for a part time Associate Pastor position. The more we looked at the resume the more excited we became, we could relate a little to the wise men that discovered the star shining so bright overhead, and we as a church felt that this was God continuing to answer our prayers from two years earlier. How He seemed to ask us to wait at that time because He knows all things, and knew that He had a plan for us, one that included Pastor Natasha to join our pastoral team along with her family,( husband) Mike, and (daughter) Hana and (son) Eli!
Pastor Natasha and family will move into the church parsonage May 9th beginning her new part time Associate Pastor Position June 1st. So on behalf of the council, and the Breton Faith Covenant Church it is with eager anticipation and joyous excitement that we welcome the Westerhoud family to join us in serving our Lord Jesus here in Breton and surrounding area.
Please join in prayer for the Westerhoud family as they finish strong in Norquay and say their goodbyes to all those they have shared the journey with in these past few years. Please also uplift the Norquay church as they embrace God’s future plans for them and their community.
In His Service,
We invite you to go to our Sermons page to watch Pastor Jeff Gooderham preach on “Hope of the Resurrection”.
Our scripture for today will be from Hebrews 6:19-20.